Format:GIS polygon data (ESRI, MapInfo, others available by request)
All 6 themes: £0.8 per km2
Collapsible deposits: £0.05 per km2
Compressible ground, Running sands: £0.2 per km2
Landslides, Shrink swell: £0.3 per km2
Soluble rocks £0.15 per km2
Subject to number of users, licence fee and data preparation fee.
BGS GeoSure national datasets provide geological information about potential ground movement or subsidence that can help planning decisions.
This data also provides essential information for the BGS Natural Ground Stability GeoReport.
BGS GeoSure data gives you information about:
- BGS GeoSure: collapsible deposits | Property hazard information
- BGS GeoSure: compressible ground | Property hazard information
- BGS GeoSure: landslides | Property hazard information
- BGS GeoSure: running sand | Property hazard information
- BGS GeoSure: shrink-swell | Property hazard information
- BGS GeoSure: soluble rocks | Property hazard information
You may also be interested in:
The potential for landsliding (slope instability) to be a hazard has been assessed using 1:50 000 scale digital maps of superficial and bedrock deposits. These have been combined with information from the BGS National Landslide Database and scientific and engineering reports.