BGS Business Development (BD) is tasked with helping to identify and access funding, including (but not limited to):
- negotiation of commissioned research projects, partnerships and co-developed proposals
- research grants access
- data and product licensing
- product royalties
Working over a wide range of industries and clients, the BD team is also in charge of:
- identifying and responding to requests for proposals (RFP), invitations to tender (ITT), invitations to quote (ITQ) and tenders
- researching new opportunities
- attending conferences, meetings, and industry events covering a range of subjects
The BGS’s client base includes both private and public sectors:
- UK Government and devolved administrations such as:
- government agencies and non-departmental public bodies and local authorities, such as:
- Policymakers, regulators and non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- UK and international universities and the academic community
- international government and public sector partners, including:
- European agencies, such as the EU Commission and the European Space Agency
- international geological survey organisations
- government ministries
- aid funders
- UK and international private sector, including:
- energy (renewable and non-renewable)
- waste management
The BGS is part-funded by UKRI-NERC and the remaining funding comes from commissioned research, products and services. The enquiries team is often the first point of contact for a new potential client or when a business is seeking information on the products and services we can provide. If you have a specific commercial, research grant or collaboration enquiry, please contact BGS Enquiries and request to arrange an appointment with one of the BD team members.
Business development team
You may also be interested in
Our data and services
The BGS offers a range of services and information for businesses, home-owners, policymakers and the general public.
Our extensive collection of geoscience data, geological information, reports and datasets can support your business requirements.
Government and agencies
As a world-leading geoscience organisation, we provide independent and authoritative advice to the UK government and the administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.