Russell Swift’s Biography
- 2014 – ongoing : British Geological Survey, Geophysical Tomography team
- 2009 –2014 : MEarthSci (Hons), University of Manchester, Earth Sciences
- The links between the geotechnical and geophysical properties of rocks and soils.
- Humanitarian applications of geology and geophysics.
Current projects and collaborations
- Studying the relationships between the resistivities of clays, and their moisture contents, densities and pore suction.
- Using Electrical Resistivity Tomography to better understand unstable ground, particularly locations where this affects infrastructure.
- 2013 – ongoing: Fellow of the Geological Society of London