Niall Spencer’s Biography
- 2006 – ongoing : Task Leader: for the capture, QA, validation and ingestion of survey scale data for England, Wales and Scotland both captured internally and externally (SGS, India)
- 2010 –2012 : Digital Cartographer producing a series of 6 Mineral Resources Maps of Wales and 6 Mineral Safeguarding Maps of Wales commissioned by the Welsh Assembly and also a series of 6 Mineral Resource Maps of Northern Ireland commissioned by the Department of the Environment (Northern Ireland)
- 2005 –2007 : Provided digital capture training to 6 new cartographers and also acted as their line manager. Provide help the Merit Promotion of 2 of them (2009).
- 2001 –2006 : Cartographer producing Mineral Resource Information in Support of National, Regional and Local Planning maps for 23 English Counties, commissioned by the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, and 4 Mineral Resource Information for Sustainable Communities maps for The Scottish Government
- 1995 : Six weeks working as Consultant Cartographer at the Geological Survey and Mines Bureau, Colombo, Sri Lanka, setting up a digital capture system and providing training to the survey’s cartographers. (World Bank funded project)
- 1993 : Training of a cartographer from CODIGEM, Ecuador in digitising, as part of bilateral Technical Co-operation project between the Ministry of Energy and Mines, Ecuador and the Overseas Development Administration, UK.
- 1993 –1995 : lead Cartographer involved in the Chek Lap Kok Replacement Airport Project and Penny’s Bay Container Terminal Project in Hong Kong
- – ongoing: Geographic Information Systems (ArcGIS)
- 1989 – ongoing: Bentley Microstation (CAD