David Schofield’s Biography
- 2016 – ongoing : Director, Energy Systems and Basin Analysis
- 2010 –2016 : Chief Geologist, Wales
- 2008 –2010 : Team Leader, Geology and Landscapes Wales
- 2006 –2008 : District Geologist, West Midlands
- 1997 : Geologist, British Geological Survey
- 1995 : PhD Keele University
- 1995 –1997 : Post doctoral researcher, Oxford Brookes University
- 1991 : BSc (Hons), Oxford Polytechnic, Earth Sciences
- Palaeogeographic evolution of Great Britain
- Structural and tectonic controls on UK basin evolution
NERC Open Research Archive — Dr David Schofield
MURPHY, J.B., WALDRON, J.W.F., SCHOFIELD, D.I. BARRY, T.L. and BAND, A.R. 2013. Highly depleted isotopic compositions evident in Iapetus and Rheic Ocean basalts: implications for crustal generation and preservation. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 1-14.
SCHOFIELD, D I, MILLAR, I L, WILBY, P R and EVANS J A. 2010. A new, high precision U-Pb date from the oldest known rocks in southern Britain. Geological Magazine, 147, 145-150.
SCHOFIELD D I, DAVIES, J R, WATERS, R A, WILLIAMS, M and WILSON D. 2009. A new Early Silurian turbidite system in Central Wales: insights into eustatic and tectonic controls on deposition in the southern Welsh Basin. Geological Magazine. Vol. 146, 121-132.
SCHOFIELD, D I, ASPDEN, J A, KEMP, S J, MERRIMAN, R J and WILBY, P R. 2009. Basement controls on Acadian thrusting and fault reactivation along the southern margin of the Welsh Basin. Geological Journal. 44, 526-536.
SCHOFIELD, D I, EVANS, J A, MILLAR I L, WILBY, P R and ASPDEN, J A. 2008. New U-Pband Rb-Sr constraints on pre-Acadian tectonism in North Wales. Journal of the Geological Society, London, Vol. 165, 891-894.
SCHOFIELD, D I, HORSTWOOD, M S A, PITFIELD, P E J, CROWLEY, Q G, WILKINSON, A F and SIDATY H CH O. 2006. Timing and kinematics of Eburnean tectonics in the central Reguibat Shield, Mauritania. Journal of the Geological Society, London, Vol. 163, 549-560.
SCHOFIELD, D I, and D’LEMOS, R S. 2000. Granite petrogenesis in the Gander Zone, NE Newfoundland: mixing of melts from multiple sources and the role of lithospheric delamination. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences. Vol. 37, 535-547.
SCHOFIELD, D I, VAN STAAL C R, and WINCHESTER, J A. 1998. Tectonic setting and regional significance of the Port aux Basques Gneiss, SW Newfoundland. Journal of the Geological Society, London, Vol. 155, 323-334.
SCHOFIELD, D I, and D’LEMOS, R S, 1998. Relationships between syn-tectonic granite fabrics and regional PTtd paths: an example from the Gander-Avalon boundary of NE Newfoundland. Journal of Structural Geology, Vol. 20, 459-471.
- 1999 – Chartered Geologist
- 2010 – Science editor Geological Society of America Bulletin