As a Geochemistry Technician for the Stable Isotope Facility at the BGS, I primarily run mass spectrometers to analyse stable C and O contents of small carbonate samples for environmental research as part of the Environmental Change, Adaption and Resilience challenge area. I also prepare bulk carbonate samples for C and O analysis. Before arriving at the BGS, I had recently graduated with an integrated Geology Masters from the University of Leicester where my Masters project focused on sample preparation techniques of soil samples prior to portable XRF analysis of heavy metals.
- 2022 – ongoing: Geochemistry Technician – Stable Isotope Facility, British Geological Survey, Keyworth, UK
- 2017 – 2021: MGeol Geology degree from University of Leicester
- Stable isotope mass spectrometry for 13C and 18O using IsoPrime Dual Inlet mass spectrometers.
- Experience with prepping bulk carbonate samples for C and O analysis.
- Experience in using GIS software.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator.