Jeremy Rushton’s Biography
- 2007 – ongoing : Senior Petrologist, British Geological Survey
- 1994 –2007 : Self-employed oil industry petrography consultant
- 1990 : PhD University of Aberdeen, Geology: The Diagenetic Formation of Feldspars
- 1989 –1994 : Petrographer and senior petrographer, Core Laboratories
- 1985 : BSc (Hons) University of Reading, Geochemistry
- Nanoparticles: use as gas pathway tracers
- Petrography technique development
- Porosity characterisation
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Sandstone diagenesis
Current projects and collaborations
- ALEXANDER, W. R., MILODOWSKI, A. E., PITTY, A. F., HARDIE, S. M. L., KEMP, S. J., KORKEAKOSKI, P., RIGAS, M., RUSHTON, J. C., SELLIN, P., and TWEED, C. J. 2012. Reaction of bentonite in low-alkali cement leachates:an overview of the Cyprus natural analogue project (CNAP): Mineralogical Magazine, v. 76, no. 8, p. 3019-3022.
- HARRINGTON, J. F., MILODOWSKI, A. E., GRAHAM, C. C., RUSHTON, J. C., and CUSS, R. J. 2012. Evidence for gas-induced pathways in clay using a nanoparticle injection technique.: Mineralogical Magazine, v. 76, no. 8, p. 3327-3336.
- MONAGHAN, A., FORD, J., MILODOWSKI, A. E., MCINROY, D., PHARAOH, T., RUSHTON, J. C., BROWNE, M., COOPER, A., HULBERT, A., and NAPIER, B. 2012. New insights from 3D geological models at analogue CO2 storage sites in Lincolnshire and eastern Scotland, UK: Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, v. 59, no. 1, p. 53-76.
NERC Open Research Archive — Dr Jeremy Rushton
- Image analysis
- Post-test petrography
- Scanning electron microscope; use and development
- Sedimentary petrography
- Fellow of Mineralogical Society