Jonathan Pearce’s Biography
- 2000 : Member of CO2 storage team since its creation.
- 1992 – ongoing : Petrographer with the Mineralogy and Petrology Group, undertaking research in geological CO2 storage.
- 1992 –1998 : Petrographer with the Mineralogy and Petrology Group, undertaking research in radwaste and environemtnal land conamination
- 1988 –1992 : Petrographer in Fluid Processes Group undertaking research on geological aspects of radioactive waste disposal.
- Capability building and knowledge transfer in China, South Africa
- Monitoring strategies for Co2 storage – especailly for risk mitigiation
- Permitting issues relating to CO2 storage
- Research on a range of topics within geological stroage of CO2
- Reservoir and seal geochemical interactions
- Risk assessment and leakage processes and impacts
Current projects and collaborations
- Desk studies and reviews for ETI, Crown Estates, DECC.
- Working with other research institutes across Europe and internationally.
- A range of CO2 storage research projects including SiteChar, ULTimateCO2, CRIUS, RISCS, SAfeCCS, ECCSEL
- 1990 – ongoing:Fellow of Geological Society of London