Andrew McKenzie’s Biography
- 2001 – ongoing : Groundwater data and information manager, BGS Wallingford
- 1992 – 2001 : Hydrogeologist, BGS Wallingford
- 1988 – 1991 : Technical Cooperation Officer, seconded to Govt of Honduras.
- 1985 – 1988 : Hydrogeologist, Wimpey Consulting, UK
- 1985 : MSc, University College London, Hydrogeology
- 1981 : BA (Hons) University of Oxford, Geology
- 1981 – 1984 : Exploration Geologist, Coal and water resources, Botswana
- Groundwater and hydrological information systems
- Groundwater flooding
- Groundwater monitoring
- Hydrological Information Systems in India
- Macdonald, D M J, Bloomfield, J P, Hughes, A G, MacDonald, A M, Adams, B, and McKenzie, A A. 2008. Improving the understanding of the risk from groundwater flooding in the UK. In: FLOODrisk 2008, European Conference on Flood Risk Management, Oxford, UK, 30 Sept – 2 Oct 2008. The Netherlands, CRC Press.
- McKenzie, A A, Rutter, H K and Hulbert, A G. 2010. The use of elevation models to predict areas at risk of groundwater flooding. In: Fleming, C, Marsh, S H, and Giles, J R A (eds.) Elevation models for geoscience. Geological Society of London, 75-79. (Geological Society Special Publications, 345).
- Meigh, J R, McKenzie, A A, and Sene, K J. 1999. A grid-based approach to water scarcity estimates for Eastern and Southern Africa. Water Resources Management, 13 (2). 85-115.
- Rutter, H K, Newsham, R, Morris, D G and McKenzie, A A. 2010. Selecting the appropriate digital terrain model : an example from a hazard mapping exercise. In: Fleming, C, Marsh, S H, and Giles, J R A (eds.) Elevation models for geoscience. Geological Society of London, 67-74. (Geological Society Special Publications, 345).
- Database management
- Geographic Information Systems
- Groundwater resource estimation
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London
Boards and committees
- Surface and Groundwater Archive Committee (SAGA)