Rhian Kendall’s Biography
- 2017 – ongoing : Chartered Geologist
- 2009 – ongoing : British Geological Survey
- 1997 – 2008 : Cambrian Consultants/RPS Energy (Hydrocarbon sector) Geologist
- 2000 – 2005 : Cardiff University Part time graduate research, Palaeobotany
- 1993 : BSc University of Glamorgan, Applied Sciences (Geology)
- The Geology and stratigraphy of Wales
- Conventional and unconventional hydrocarbons
- Limestone and karst geology
Current projects and collaborations
- 2009 : Geological mapping: Knighton District, Anglesey, and Singapore
- 2009 – ongoing : Conventional and unconventional hydrocarbons
- 2015 : Singapore – Study of Stratigraphy and Structural Geology for Application to Geological Modelling
- 2016 – ongoing : National Geological Model
- NERC Open Research Archive — Rhian Kendall
- Kendall, R S, and Bide, T. 2017. Mineral Resources of Herefordshire in the Knighton District. British Geological Survey Internal Report, CR/16/212. 26pp.
- Kendall, R S. 2016. Carboniferous Plants. South Wales Geologists’ Association.
- Kendall, R S, Wilby, P R, Boon, D, Entwisle, D, and Freeborough, K. 2015. Summary Applied Geology of the Dyfi Catchment. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report, CR/15/064. 70pp
- Kendall, A and Hicks, R, 2003. On the occurrence of Carboniferous fish spines within Ogof Draenen (Cave and Karst Science Vol 30, No1, 2003).
- Various reports on the geology of Singapore.
- Kendall, R, Brown, T, and Hetherington, L. Mineral Profile Coal. 2010. BGS Web Publication.
- Various commissioned report of the 3D geological modelling of the Chalk for ground water management.
- Bloodworth, A, Kendall, R, Bide, T and Raynor, D. 2010. Mineral Planning Factsheet, Coal.
- Kendall, R S. 2017. The Old Red Sandstone of Britain and Ireland – a review. Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association. Vol 128, Issue 3, pp407–408
- Kendall, R, Bloodworth, A, and Smith, N. 2011. Mineral Planning Factsheet, Alternative Fossil Fuels.
- Kendall, R S. 2017. Editor. Special section on Sediments, floras and faunas of the Old Red Sandstone: Special. Section of eight papers. Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association, Vol 128, Issue 3, pp409–509.
- Kendall, R, and Guilford, T. 2011. On the occurrence and distribution of bats in Ogof Draenen (Cave and Karst Science Vol 38, No1, 2011).
- Thomas, C, and Kendall, R. 2011. Welsh Borderland Geological Framework Project: The Geology and applied geological issues of the region around Knighton, Powys: a scoping study IR/11/069
- Phillips, E, Lee, R, Riding,J, Kendall, R, and Hughes, L. 2012. Periglacial disruption and subsequent glacitectonic deformation of bedrock: an example from Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Proc. Geol. Assoc.
- Kendall, R S. 2013. Geological indicators of carbonaceous mudstone in Wales: implications for shale gas potential. IR/13/041
- Study of Potential unconventional gas resource in Wales. Commercial project for Welsh Government.
- Waters, C N, Kendall, R, and Thorpe, S. 2015. Geological Framework Model and surface data for the area south of Ammanford. British Geological Survey Internal Report, IR/15/007. 61 pp.
- Kendall, R S. 2015. Conceptual cross-sections of superficial deposits in Cardiff. Open Report. OR/15/045. 12pp
- Field geology
- 3D Sub-surface modelling and volumetrics
- Science communication
- Project management
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London
- Geologists’ Association
- Fellow of the Linnaean Society of London
- Member of Palaeontological Association