Pierre Josso’s biography
- 2019 – ongoing: Minerals Geoscientist
- 2017 – 2019 Post Doctoral research assistant MarineE-Tech project, BGS
- 2014 – 2017: PhD, University of Southampton,
- 2011 – 2013: MSc (Hons), 1st class, Unilasalle and Laurentian University Of Sudbury, Energy and Mineral Resources
- 2008 – 2011: BSc (Hons), Unilasalle, Geology
- Geochemistry and geology of ore deposits
- Mineral resources and processing
- Oceanic geochemistry
- Isotope systems for paleoceanographic reconstructions
- Geochemical modelling
Current projects and collaboration
- 2019 – ongoing: Mineralogy and petrology group, Deep-sea mineral deposits, Carbon capture and storage by mineralisation, Radwaste geological site characterisation.
- 2017 – 2019: MarineE-Tech project: Investigating the critical element budget of marine ferromanganese deposits from Tropic Seamount, NE Atlantic
Josso, P, Parkinson, I, Horstwood, M, Lusty, P, Chenery, S, and Murton, B. 2019. Improving confidence in ferromanganese crust age models: A composite geochemical approach. Chemical Geology, 513, 108-119.
Josso, P, Pelleter, E, Pourret, O, Fouquet, Y, Etoubleau, J, Cheron, S, and Bollinger, C. 2017. A new discrimination scheme for oceanic ferromanganese deposits using high field strength and rare earth elements. Ore Geology Reviews, 87, 3-15.
Lusty, P, Hein, J R, and Josso, P. 2018. Formation and occurrence of ferromanganese crusts: Earth’s storehouse for critical metals. Elements, 14, 313-318.
Yeo, I, Dobson, K, Josso, P, Pearce, R, Howarth, S, Lusty, P, Le Bas, T, and Murton, B. 2018. Assessment of the Mineral Resource Potential of Atlantic Ferromanganese Crusts Based on Their Growth History, Microstructure, and Texture. Minerals, 8, 327.
Pelleter, E, Fouquet, Y, Etoubleau, J, Cheron, S, Labanieh, S, Josso, P, and Langlade, J. 2017. Ni- Cu- Co-rich hydrothermal manganese mineralization in the Wallis and Futuna back-arc environment (SW Pacific). Ore Geology Reviews, 87, 126-146.
Josso, P, Roberts, S, Teagle, D A H, Pourret, O, Herrington, R, and Ponce de Leon Albarran, C. 2018. Extraction and separation of rare earth elements from hydrothermal metalliferous sediments. Minerals Engineering, 118, 106-121.