Gareth Jenkins’ biography
- 2006 – ongoing: Geologist, British Geological Survey
- 2001 – 2006: Coastal Sedimentologist, British Geological Survey
- 2000 – 2001: MSc Environmental Sedimentology and Geomorphology, University of Reading
- 1997 – 2000: BSc (Hons) Geology, University of Southampton
- Coastal and nearshore dynamics
- Earth surface processes
- 3D modelling of bedrock and superficial geology
- Landslides and weather interactions in Great Britain
- Global volcanic hazard analysis
NERC Open Research Archive — Gareth Jenkins
Payo, A G, Jigena, B A, Hurst, M, Palaseanu-Lovejoy, M, Williams, C, Jenkins, G, and Ellis, M A, et al. 2018. Development of an automatic delineation of cliff top and toe on very irregular planform coastlines (CliffMetrics v1. 0). Geoscientific Model Development, 11(10), 4317-4337.
Dijkstra, T A, Jenkins, G O, Gunn, D A, Dashwood, C, Dankers, R, Dixon, N, Petley, D N, Gibson, A D, and Winter, M G. 2014. Landslides and climate change in the United Kingdom. Joint Technical Committee on Natural Slopes and Landslides (JTC 1) TR3 report.
Price, S J, Kearsey, T, Leslie, A G, Goodenough, K M, Jenkins, G O, Terrington, R L, Self, S, Gillespie, M R, Horabin, C, and Myers, A. 2014. A 3D geological model of the superficial deposits of Singapore. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report CR/14/078
Gunn D A, Chambers J E, Hobbs P R N, Ford J R, Wilkinson P B, Jenkins G O, and Merritt A. 2013. Rapid observations to guide the design of systems for long-term monitoring of a complex landslide in the Upper Lias clays of North Yorkshire, UK. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrology, 46, 323-336.
Jenkins, G O, Foster, C F, and Hopson, P M. 2011. Geology as a control on landslides on the Isle of Wight: an overview. Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association. 122, pp. 906-922
Pennington, C V L, Foster, C, Chambers, J E, and Jenkins, G O. 2009 Landslide research at the British Geological Survey : capture, storage and interpretation on a national and site-specific scale. Acta geologica sinica English edition, 83(5), 991-999.
Jenkins, G O, Gibson, A D, and Humpage, A J. 2007. Climate change and evolution of landslide hazard at Nefyn Bay, North Wales. In: McInnes et al. (Eds), Landslides and climate change: challenges and solutions. Proceedings of the International Conference on Landslides and Climate Change. Taylor and Francis, 113-119.
Mackie, A S Y, James, J W C, Rees, E I A, Darbyshire, T, Philpott, S L, Mortimer, K, Jenkins, G O, and Morando, A. 2006 The outer Bristol Channel marine habitat study. Cardiff, National Museum of Wales.
James, J W C, Philpott, S L, and Jenkins, G O. 2005 Marine aggregates in the Bristol Channel and Severn Estuary. In: Bassett, Michael G.; Deisler, Valerie K.; Nicol, Douglas, (eds.) Urban geology in Wales : 2. National Museum of Wales, 222-229.
Forster, A, and Jenkins, G O. 2005. The assessment of landslide hazard potential as a guide to land use and planning in the South Wales Coalfield. In: Bassett, Michael G.; Deisler, Valerie K.; Nicol, Douglas, (eds.) Urban geology in Wales : 2. Cardiff, UK, National Museum of Wales, 81-90.
- Field geologist, geological mapping and surveying
- Landslide surveying and mapping
- Digital field data capture
- Core logging
- 3D geological mapping and modelling
- Nearshore and offshore sedimentology
- 2006 – 2007: EMSAGG committee member
- 2005 – 2007: Meetings Secretary, East Midlands Regional Group of the Geological Society