Lina completed her degree in geology in 1997 and has worked at BGS since 2002, initially as a database and web developer, before becoming the website editor in 2014. She took over the role of BGS Editor in 2018. She is responsible for ensuring that BGS’s published outputs are professionally edited and proofread and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders.
Lina Hannaford’s biography
- 2018 to present: BGS publications editor
- 2014 to 2018: BGS web editor
- 2002 to 2019: BGS database and web developer
- 1998 to 2001: Great Universal Stores Ltd.
- 1997 to 1998: Robertson Research International
- 1994 to 1997: BSc (Hons) Geology, University of Birmingham
Current projects and collaboration
- Copy-editing and proofreading BGS publications
- Writing and editing for the web
- Web development
- Database design, implementation, development and maintenance
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders