- 2018 – ongoing: Marine Geoscientist
- 2014 – 2019: PhD, University of Kiel and GEOMAR Helmholtz Center for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany
- 2011 – 2013: Geochemist, Newmont Mining Corporation, Denver, USA
- 2007 – 2009: MSc (Hons), Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada
- 2002 – 2006: MGeol (International), 1st Class Honours, Leeds University, United Kingdom
Grant, H L J, Hannington, M D, Petersen, S, Frische, M, and Fuchs, S H. 2018. Constraints on the behaviour of trace elements in the actively-forming TAG deposit, Mid-Atlantic Ridge, based on LA-ICP-MS analyses of pyrite. Chemical Geology 498,p. 45–71.
Monecke, T, Petersen, S, Hannington, M D, Grant, H L J, and Samson, I. 2016. The minor element endowment of modern sea-floor massive sulfides and comparison with deposits hosted in ancient volcanic successions. Reviews in Economic Geology 18, p. 245–306.
Grant, H L J, Layton-Matthews, D, and Peter, J M. 2015. Distribution and Controls on Silver Mineralization in the Hackett River Main Zone, Nunavut, Canada: An Ag and Pb-enriched Archean Volcanogenic Massive Sulfide Deposit. Economic Geology 110, p. 943–982.