Tracy Gallagher’s biography
- 2012: British Geological Survey: Appointment Position Mar 12 – present Core Store Services Coordinator To provide a professional service to customers of the Core Store from their original enquiry, to completion of their visit. Supporting provision of BGS data and knowledge to a wide customer base; commercial customers, consultants and academics, and ensuring all BGS T&C’s are met. Taking full responsibility for visitors on arrival and providing H&S induction, if necessary explaining the sub-sampling system. Being the primary user of Inteum managing customer records. Completing and submitting invoice requests, chasing bad debtors. Organising workshops to the CS. Co-ordinating the Technicians for core material retrieval and changeover, for customer lab bookings.
- 2007 – 2012: Digital Data Administrator/Copyright Administrator The administration of NERC IPR in electronic formats via digital licensing and in hard formats via Copyright & Scanning and Permit activities. To compile ad-hoc reports for internal staff.
- 2003 – 2007: Finance – Projects & Planning; September 2003/ Training Finance – As below and Training Section Cost Centre Accountant. Training – administrative and organisational support for the Training Section.
- 2003 – 2006: Sales – Administration Officer/Finance – Projects & Planning Finance – Projects & Planning; To provide monthly income reports. Invoicing for IPR Section and adhoc invoices for Cost Centre & Project Accountants. Income recording and monitoring for the IPR Section. Duties associated with International Administration. Sales; As below
- 2000 – 2003: Sales -Administration Officer/Secretary; to March 2003 Sales; To provide monthly income reports. To assist in the production and design of New and Forthcoming Publications. To ensure the BGS Customer Services Contacts Database are maintained. Secretary; To provide secretarial support to NGIS Programme Manager Dr Chris Green
- 1997 – 2000: Secretary/Administration Officer To provide Secretarial support for Information Services Group Manager Dr Alan Dobinson – Borehole Records; As below.
- 1996 – 1997: Administration Officer Borehole Records; Data entry of registration forms and registration of borehole logs
- 1995 – 1996: Secretary International; to provide secretarial support for 3 Group Managers
- Foundation In Management, Microsoft packages; Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Several Personal Development Course; Team Skills, Assertiveness, Time Management, Developing Your Potential, Stress Management, Radiation Awareness
- 2015 – 2016: BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- 2012 – 2013: Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- 2014: VNA – Man Up
- 2014: Counterbalance – Forklift
- 2015 – 2018: First Aid at Work
- NVQ 2 Business Administration
- Open University; Starting with Law
- The Art Of Brilliance – Being Brilliant