Dayton Dove’s Biography
- 2008 – ongoing : Marine Geoscientist, BGS
- 2017 –2018 : Sabbatical (NOAA – Hawaii): Seafloor/habitat mapping around Pacific Islands supporting coral reef and fisheries science
- 2009 –2013 : UK-IODP Science Programme Coordinator
- 2007 –2008 : Gardline Geosurvey, Geophysicist
- 2007 : MS: University of Alaska Fairbanks, Stratigraphy, Structure, and origin of the Mendeleev Ridge (Arctic Ocean) from Bathymetry, Controlled-source Seismic, and Gravity Observations
- 2003 : BS: College of Charleston, Geology
- Seafloor and shallow sub-seafloor geological characterisation…geomorphology quite useful in this respect!
- Quaternary history and glacial processes on NW European Shelf – implications for commercial, conservation, and policy interests
- Seafloor habitats; geomorphic features relating to continental shelf, shallow and mesophotic coral reef, and Arctic ecosystems
- Former glaciation of the Arctic ocean; Tectonic evolution of Amerasian Basin
- NERC Open Research Archive — Dayton Dove
- Dove, D, Evans, D J A, Lee, J R, Roberts, D H, Tappin, D R, Mellet C L, and Long, D. In Prep. Phased occupation and retreat of the last British-Irish Ice Sheet in the southern North Sea; geomorphic and seismostratigraphic evidence of a dynamic ice lobe.
- Dove, D, Arosio, R, Finlayson, A, Bradwell, T, and Howe, J. 2015. Submarine glacial landforms record Late Pleistocene ice-sheet dynamics, Inner Hebrides, Scotland. Quaternary Science Reviews.
- Lark, R M, Marchant, B P, Dove, D, Green, S L, Stewart, H, and Diesing, M. 2015. Combining observations with acoustic swath bathymetry and backscatter to map seabed sediment texture classes: The empirical best linear unbiased predictor. Sedimentary Geology
- Praeg, D, McCarron, S, Dove, D, O’Cofaigh, C, Scott, G, Monteys, X, and Facchin, L. 2015. Ice sheet extension to the Celtic Sea shelf edge at the Last Glacial Maximum. Quaternary Science Reviews.
- Dove, D, Polyak, L, and Coakley, B. “Widespread, multi-source glacial erosion on the Chukchi margin, Arctic Ocean.” Quaternary Science Reviews 92 (2014): 112-122.
- Jakobsson, M, Andreassen, K, Bjarnadóttir, L R, Dove, D, Dowdeswell, J A, England, J H, and Funder, S, et al. “Arctic Ocean glacial history.” Quaternary Science Reviews (2014).
- Diesing, M, Green, S L, Stephens, D, Lark, R M, Stewart, H A, and Dove, D. “Mapping seabed sediments: Comparison of manual, geostatistical, object-based image analysis and machine learning approaches.” Continental Shelf Research (2014).
- Lark, M, Dove, D, Green, S, Richardson, A, Stewart, H, and Stevenson, A. 2012. Spatial prediction of seabed sediment texture classes by cokriging from a legacy database of point observations. Sedimentary Geology.
- Pierce, B, Tappin, D, Dove D, and Pinnion, J. 2012. Benthos supported by the tunnel-valleys of the southern North Sea. Seafloor Geomorphology as Benthic Habitat: Geohab Atlas of Seafloor Geomorphic Features and Benthic Habitats.
- Tappin, D, Dove, D, Pearce, B, Pinnion, J, Fitch, S, and Geary, B. 2011. The Humber Regional Environmental Characterisation, Marine Aggregate Levy Sustainability Fund Report.
- Dove, D, Coakley, B, Hopper, J, and Kristoffersen, Y. 2010. Bathymetry, controlled source seismic, and gravity observations of the Mendeleev Ridge; Implications for ridge structure, origin, and regional tectonics, Geophysical Journal International. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2010.04746.x
- Marine geophysical data acquisition, processing, and interpretation