Thomas Dodd’s Biography
- 2016 – ongoing : Petroleum and Sedimentary Geologist British Geological Survey
- 2011 –2016 : Petroleum Geoscientist British Geological Survey
- 2007 –2011 : Masters in Geoscience (MGeoSci – 1st Class Hons) Keele University
- 2015 –2018 : The Singapore Contract: Consultancy Services for the Study of Stratigraphy and Structural Geology for Application to Geological Modelling
- 2014 –2016 : Mesozoic sedimentary systems West of Shetland (Faroe-Shetland Basin and surrounding depocentres): Experience in the logging of all released core from these successions, WOS
- 2012 –2013 : DECC (now OGA) Contact: Regional & prospect scale seismic interpretation within the Mesozoic succession on the West Central Shelf, Central North Sea. Triassic & Jurassic inter-pod & sub-salt seismic analysis.
- 2011 –2012 : DECC (OGA) Contract: Prospect scale mapping of re-distributed chalks within the Upper Cretaceous Chalk Group of the Central North Sea.
- 2010 –2011 : MGeoSci Thesis: Controls on sedimentation in a marginal-marine to continental setting: Implications for hydrocarbon Entrapment. The Lower Triassic Moenkopi Formation, South-Eastern Utah, USA.
- Deepwater & Shallow Marine Sedimentology
- Lacustrine Basins
- Extensional Tectonics
- Petroleum Geology & Basin Analysis
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Syn-halokenetic Sedimentation
Current projects and collaborations
- 2011 – ongoing : General Research Topic: Deep-lacustrine sedimentary systems (e.g. the North Falkland Basin)
- 2016 – ongoing : Singapore Research: Improving the geological knowledge and understanding in Singapore, and more widely in Southeast Asia.
- 2011 – ongoing : Falkland Islands Government Consultancy Contract: Provision of geological advice and support to the Department of Mineral Resources Falkland Islands Government
- 2019 : Dodd, T J H, McCarthy, D J, and Richards, P C. 2019. A depositional model for deep-lacustrine, partially confined, turbidite fans: Early Cretaceous, North Falkland Basin. Sedimentology, 66(1), pp. 53-80.
- 2019 : Dodd, T J H, Gillespie, M R, Leslie, A G, Kearsey, T I, Kendall, R S, Bide, T P, Dobbs, M R, Millar, I L, Lee, M K W, Chiam, K, and Goay, M. 2019. Paleozoic to Cenozoic sedimentary bedrock geology and lithostratigraphy of Singapore. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 180 (2019) 103878
- 2019 : Leslie, A G, Dodd, T J H, Gillespie, M R, Kendall, R S, Bide, T P, Kearsey, T I, Dobbs, M R, Lee, M K L, and Chiam, K. 2019. Ductile and brittle deformation in Singapore: A record of Mesozoic orogeny and amalgamation in Sundaland, and of post-orogenic faulting. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 181 (2019) 103890.
- 2019 : Gillespie, M R, Kendall, R S, Leslie, A G, Millar, I L, Dodd, T J H, Kearsey, T I, Goodenough, K M, Lee, M K W, and Chiam, K. 2019. The igneous rocks of Singapore: new insights to Palaeozoic and Mesozoic assembly of the Sukhothai Arc. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (2019) doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2019.103940
- 2019 : Zuchuat, V, Sleveland, A R, Pettigrew, R P, Dodd, T J H, Clarke, S M, Rabbel, O, Braathen, A, and Midtkandal, I. 2019. Overprinted allocyclic processes by tidal resonance in an epicontinental basin: the upper jurassic curtis formation, east‐central Utah, USA. The Depositional Record, 5(2), pp. 272-305.
- 2019 : Jones, D J, McCarthy, D J, and Dodd, T J H. 2019. Tectonostratigraphy and the petroleum systems in the Northern sector of
- Seismic Interpretation
- Wire Line Log Interpretation
- Petroleum Geoscience
- Hydrocarbon Prospect Identification & Analysis
- Seismic Interpretation Suites: IHS Kingdom, Halliburton Landmark
- Oilfield Database Management: ODM/IC(Senergy)
- Geographic Information Systems & Mapping: ArcGis
- Other: Microsoft Office, Corel Draw
- 2017 – ongoing:Fellow of the Geological Society of London
- 2007Candidate Fellow: Geological Society of London
- 2011 – ongoing:Member: Petroleum Exploration Society of Great Britain
- 2010 – ongoing:Student Member: International Association of Sedimentologists (IAS)
- 2011 – ongoing:Member: British Sedimentological Research Group (BSRG