Nico Dewald’s Biography
- 2023 – ongoing: Survey Geologist, British Geological Survey, Edinburgh, UK
- 2018 – 2023: PhD Glacial Geomorphology, University of Sheffield, UK
- 2017: Arctic Glaciers and Melt Season Dynamics, University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS), Norway
- 2016: Glaciology, University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS), Norway
- 2015 – 2016: ERASMUS – Bedrock and Quaternary Geology, Lund University, Sweden
- 2014 – 2018: MSc Earth Sciences – Geology of Sedimentary Systems, Heidelberg University, Germany
- 2011 – 2014: BSc Earth Sciences – Geology, Heidelberg University, Germany
2018 – ongoing: Palaeoglaciological advances to understand Earth’s ice sheets by landform analysis – Mapping and analysing subglacial meltwater landforms of the Fennoscandian Ice Sheet as part of a wider project targeting a variety of glacial landforms to reconstruct palaeo-ice sheets.
- Vérité, J, Livingstone, S J, Ravier, E, McMartin, I, Campbell, J, Lewington, E L M, Dewald, N, Clark, C D, Sole, A J, and Storrar, R D. 2023. Conceptual model for the formation of bedforms along subglacial meltwater corridors (SMCs) by variable ice-water-bed interactions. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 1–27.
- Dewald, N, Livingstone, S J, and Clark, C D. 2022. Subglacial meltwater routes of the Fennoscandian Ice Sheet. Journal of Maps, 18:2, 382-396.
- Dewald, N, Lewington, E L M, Livingstone, S J, Clark, C D, and Storrar, R D. 2021. Distribution, characteristics and formation of esker enlargements. Geomorphology, Volume 392, 107919.
- Lu, Y, Dewald, N, Koutsodendris, A, Kaboth-Bahr, S, Rösler, W, Fang, X, Pross, J, Appel, E, and Friedrich, O. 2020. Sedimentological Evidence for Pronounced Glacial-Interglacial Climate Fluctuations in NE Tibet in the Latest Pliocene to Early Pleistocene. Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, 35: e2020PA003864.
- Livingstone, S J, Lewington, E L M, Clark, C D, Storrar, R D, Sole, A J, McMartin, I, Dewald, N, and Ng, F. 2020. A quasi-annual record of time-transgressive esker formation: implications for ice-sheet reconstruction and subglacial hydrology. The Cryosphere, 14, 1989–2004.
- ArcGIS, QGIS and digital mapping
- Python coding
- Fluent in German (first language) and Swedish