Vasileios Christelis’s Biography
- 2016 – ongoing : Groundwater/Hydrological Modeller, British Geological Survey, UK
- PhD, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, Surrogate-based optimization methods for coastal aquifer management
- MSc, University of Sheffield, UK, Environmental Management of Land and Water
- 5-years degree, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, Environmental Engineering
- Coastal aquifer simulation and management
- Simulation–Optimization methods
- Surrogate Modelling
- Groundwater drought modelling
- Christelis, V, and Hughes, A. G. 2022. Multifidelity surrogate models for efficient uncertainty propagation analysis in salars systems. Frontiers in Water, 36.
- Christelis, V. 2021. Surrogate-based optimization methods for coastal aquifer management. PhD Thesis.
- Collins, S L, Christelis, V, Jackson, C R, Mansour, M M, Macdonald, D M, and Barkwith, A K. 2020. Towards integrated flood inundation modelling in groundwater-dominated catchments. Journal of Hydrology, 591, 125755.
- Christelis, V, Kopsiaftis, G, and Mantoglou, A. 2019. Performance comparison of multiple and single surrogate models for pumping optimization of coastal aquifers. Hydrological Sciences Journal.
- Christelis, V, and Mantoglou, A. 2018. Pumping Optimization of Coastal Aquifers Using Seawater Intrusion Models of Variable-Fidelity and Evolutionary Algorithms. Water Resources Management.
- Christelis, V, and Hughes, AG. 2018. Metamodel-assisted analysis of an integrated model composition: An example using linked surface water – groundwater models. Environmental Modelling & Software.
- Christelis, V, Regis RG, and Mantoglou, A. 2017. Surrogate-based pumping optimization of coastal aquifers under limited computational budgets. Journal of Hydroinformatics.
- Kopsiaftis, G, Tigkas, D, Christelis, V, and Vangelis, H. 2017. Assessment of drought impacts on semi-arid coastal aquifers of the Mediterranean. Journal of Arid Environments.
- Tigkas, D, Christelis, V, and Tsakiris, G. 2016. Comparative study of evolutionary algorithms for the automatic calibration of the Medbasin-D conceptual hydrological model. Environmental Processes.
- Christelis, V, Bellos, V, and Tsakiris, G. 2016. Employing surrogate modelling for the calibration of a 2D flood simulation model. Sustainable Hydraulics in the Era of Global Change: Proceedings of the 4th IAHR Europe Congress, Liege
- Christelis, V, and Mantoglou, A. 2016. Pumping Optimization of Coastal Aquifers Assisted by Adaptive Metamodelling Methods and Radial Basis Functions. Water Resources Management.