I am a rock mechanics laboratory specialist and scientist at the Transport Properties and Research Laboratories here in the British Geological Survey (Keyworth site) where I contribute to the research into the mechanical and fluid transport properties of low permeability natural and synthetic geological material.
These projects are chiefly aimed at providing long term solutions to current environmental issues and to support and develop green energy technologies to meet current UK net zero goals.
My role is both practical in the set up and maintenance of ongoing high pressure and/or high temperature experiments as well as analytical regarding data validation, interpretation, and reporting.
- 2023 ongoing: Mechanics and Flow Scientist at the British Geological Survey
- 2022 to 2023: Core Scanning Technician at the British Geological Survey
- 2021 t0 2022: Aggregate Laboratory Technician at ACS Group of Companies
- 2017 to 2021: MGeol Geology (1st) at the University of Leicester
- Digital rock property analysis (PerGeos)
- Understanding of gas and fluid transport through geomaterials
- Computed tomography scanning and processing
- Drillcore scanning and processing
- X-ray Fluorescence analysis (XRF)
- Forklift and VNA certified