Helen Burke’s Biography
- 1999 –2003: BGS Central Enquiries desk and GeoReport compilation; etablished Ask About Geology service
- 1995 –1998: Single Honours Geology Degree, University of Leicester
Burke, H F, Morgan, D J, Kessler, H and Cooper, A H. 2010. A 3D geological model of the superficial deposits of the Holderness area. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report CR/09/132.
Burke, H F, Phillips, E, Lee, J R, Wilkinson, I P, Balson, P S. 2008. Imbricate thrust stack model for the formation of glaciotectonic rafts: an example from the Middle Pleistocene of north Norfolk, UK. Submitted to Boreas, September 2008.
Lee, J R, Bateman, M D, Burke, H F, Hitchens, S, Morigi, A, Phillips, E. 2011. Geological notes for the Quaternary deposits of the Thetford District (1:50 000 Sheet 174). British Geological Survey Internal Report, IR/08/70. 37pp.
Thomas, R J, Leslie, A B, Burke, H F, Lee, J R, Farrant, AR, Price, S. 2012. Geology of the Ghantoot 1:100 000 map sheet, 100-11, United Arab Emirates. Nottingham, UK, British Geological Survey, 44pp.
Burke, H F, Gow, H V, Cripps, C, Thorpe, S, Hough, E, Hughes, L, Horabin, C G. 2016. The 3D Quaternary geology of the area around Thornton, Cheshire. Nottingham, UK, British Geological Survey, 25pp. (OR/16/056) (Unpublished).
Burke, H F, Hughes, L, Wakefield, O J W, Entwisle, D C, Waters, C N, Myers, A, Thorpe, S, Terrington, R, Kessler, H, and Horabin, C. 2015. A 3D geological model for B90745 North Trans Pennine Electrification East between Leeds and York. Nottingham, UK, British Geological Survey, 28pp. (CR/15/004N) (Unpublished).
Burke, H, Hough, E, Morgan, D J R, Hughes, L and Lawrence, D J. Approaches to inform redevelopment of brownfield sites: an example from the Leeds area of the West Yorkshire coalfield, UK. Land Use Policy, Sept 2015.
Mathers, S J, Burke, H F, Terrington, R L, Thorpe, S, Dearden, R A, Williamson, J P and Ford, J R. 2014. A geological model of London and the Thames Valley, southeast England. Proceedings of the Geologists’ Association, 125 (4). 373-382. 10.1016/j.pgeola.2014.09.001
- 2003 – ongoing : Constructing digital 3D models using GSI3D software, both commissioned and for scientific research.
- 2004 – ongoing : Geological surveying, specialising in lowland UK Quaternary. Areas surveyed include: Norfolk, Vale of York and Anglesey. Plus two field seasons mapping in the United Arab Emirates (2010)
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London
- 2008 – ongoing : C. Geol