Tom Bide’s Biography
- 2017 – ongoing: Work Package leader for the H2020 funded ORAMA project, looking at standardisation of minerals data for Europe
- 2012 – Manager for the offshore mineral resource maps map for the UK Continental Shelf
- 2006 – ongoing: Economic Geologist British Geological Survey
- 2004 – Geochemical Sampler UK and Northern Ireland, British Geological Survey
- 2004 – MSci University of Birmingham, Geology
- Sustainable use of mineral resources
- Marine mineral resources
- Offshore mineral resource maps
- UK minerals industry
- Commodity research
- Minerals Map of Wales
Current projects and collaborations
2019: Bide, T, Brown, T J, Idoine, N, and Mankelow, J M. 2019. United Kingdom Minerals Yearbook 2018. British Geological Survey Open Report, OR/19/018. 63pp.
2018: Bide, T P, et al. 2018. Final analysis and recommendations for the improvement of statistical data collection methods in Europe for primary raw materials, Deliverable 1.2 for the ORAMA project
2016: Bide, T, Balson, P, Mankelow, J, and Selby, I. 2016. A new sand and gravel map for the UK Continental Shelf to support sustainable planning. Resources Policy. 48, 1-12.
2015: Bide, T P, Barron, A J M, and Evans D J. 2015. An assessment of the aggregate properties of the Lower Lincolnshire Limestone in south Lincolnshire and surrounding areas. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report, CR/15/083. 27pp.
2013: Bide, T P, Balson, P S, Campbell, E and Green, S. 2013. United Kingdom Continental Shelf marine sand and gravel resources. Map at 1:500 000 scale.
2013: Bide, T P, and Linley, K. 2013. City of York sand and gravel assessment. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report, CR/13/071. 32pp.
2010: Bide, T B, Humpage, A J, Davis, J R, and Lott, G K. 2010. Mineral Resource Map for North West Wales, 1:100 000 : British Geological Survey report. OR/10/021
2014: Bide, T P, Styles, and Naden, J. 2014. An assessment of global resources of rocks as suitable raw materials for carbon capture and storage by mineralisation. Applied Earth Science 123 pp.179-195
- Mineral statistics
- Resource geology of aggregate and industrial minerals
- Global mineral commodities
- ArcGIS and mineral resource mapping
- Member of the Geological Society