Jennifer Bearcock’s Biography
- 1999 – BSc I (Hons): Aberystwyth University. Environmental Earth Science
- 2002 – PhD Aberystwyth University
- 2007 – Scientific Support – NERC Isotope Geosciences Laboratory
- 2008 – ongoing:Hydrochemist – British Geological Survey
- Baselines of groundwater and surface water geochemistry
- Drinking water quality
- Potential environmental impacts of shale-gas development in the UK
- Geochemical survey
- Geochemistry and remediation of contaminated mine drainage
Current projects and collaborations
- Groundwater resources and Groundwater quality — Baseline groundwater quality
- Examining the risk of reducing the sampling frequency of parameters specified in the Drinking Water Directive
- Fluoride in Ethiopian groundwater
- Environmental Baseline Monitoring activities]
NERC Open Research Archive — Jenny Bearcock
Bearcock, J M, Smedley, P L, Fordyce, F M, Everett, P A, and Ander, E L. 2019. Controls on surface water quality in the River Clyde catchment, Scotland, UK, with particular reference to chromium and lead. Earth and Environmental Science Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh , 108 (2-3). 249-267.
Smedley, P L, Ward, R S, Bearcock, J M, and Boews, M J. 2017. Establishing the baseline in groundwater chemistry in connection with shale-gas exploration: Vale of Pickering, UK. Procedia Earth and Planetary Science, 17. 678-681.
Turner, S D, Rose, N L, Goldsmith, B, Bearcock, J M, Scheib, C, and Yang, H. 2017. Using public participation to sample trace metals in lake surface sediments: the OPAL Metals Survey. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 189 (5), 241.
Lark, R M, Bearcock, J M, and Ander, E L. 2016. How does temporal variation affect the value of stream water as a medium for regional geochemical survey? Journal of Geochemical Exploration , 169.
Bearcock, J M, Perkins, W T, and Pearce, N J G. 2011. Laboratory studies using naturally occurring “green rust” to aid metal mine water remediation. Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol. 190, 466-473.
Bearcock, J M, Perkins, W T, Dinelli, E, and Wade, S C. 2006. Fe(II)/Fe(III)“green rust” developed within ochreous coal mine drainage sediment in south Wales, UK. Mineralogical Magazine, Vol. 70, 687-697.
- Environmental geochemistry
- Interpreting and reporting environmental geochemistry data for both surface and groundwater
- Field geochemist for baseline and contaminated samples
- Databasing large environmental data sets