Sarah Arkley’s Biography
- 2011 – ongoing : 3D geological modelling; N.Britain crustal model, Clyde Basin superficial model and Inverness/Moray Firth onshore-offshore model
- 2008 –2009 : United Arab Emirates: Geological mapping of fluvial/aeolian deposits in the Rub’ Al Khali Desert and geologist for a high purity limestone/dolomite assement of the Hajar Mountains
- 2006 –2007 : Afghanistan: Training of Afghan geologists in field mapping techniques as part of a DfID-funded institutional strenghtening project
- 2003 –2006 : United Arab Emirates: Geological mapping of Mesozoic carbonates in the Hajar Mountains and fluvial/aeolian Quaternary deposits in the Rub’ Al Khali Desert
- 1998 –2004 : Geological mapping in highland and lowland Scotland, 3D modelling in the Ayrshire Coalfield
- 1998 – ongoing : Geologist, British Geological Survey
- 1996 –1998 : Geology/geography tutor, Lochranza Field Study Centre, Isle of Arran
- 1994 : Bsc(Hons)Geological Science, Leeds University
Arkley, S L B; Browne, M A E; Albornoz-Parra, L J, Barron, H F. 2011. East Dunbartonshire geodiversity audit. British Geological Survey, 252pp. (OR/09/019.)
Lawrence, D J D, Arkley, S L B, Everest, J D, Clarke, S M, Millward, D, Hyslop, E K, Thompson, G L and Young, B. 2007. Northumberland National Park: geodiversity audit and action plan. British Geological Survey, 132pp. (CR/07/037N.)
Scheib, A, Arkley, S, Auton, C, Boon, D, Everest, J, Kuras, O, Pearson, S G, Raines, M, Williams, J. 2008. Multidisciplinary characterisation and modelling of a small upland catchment in Scotland. Questiones Geographicae, 27A (2). 45-62.
Styles, M, Ellison, R, Arkley, S, Crowley, Q G, Farrant, A, Goodenough, K M, McKervey, J, Pharaoh, T, Phillips, E, Schofield, D, Thomas, R J. 2006. The geology and geophysics of the United Arab Emirates : Volume 2, Geology. Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates, Ministry of Energy, Petroleum and Minerals Sector, Minerals Department, 351pp.
- 3D Geological modelling
- Geodiversity audits
- Geological mapping