These resources are designed to support an interdisciplinary lesson on geothermal energy for 7–11 year olds. They include a teacher guide, an introductory video, three worksheets and a class certificate.
This lesson is intended to support teachers with curriculum-relevant materials while enthusing, exciting and inspiring pupils with the science of geothermal energy.
- Video introduction to geothermal energy in the context of the Earth’s renewable and non-renewable energy resources
- Mapping locations using two-figure grid references
- Drawing bar charts comparing geothermal energy in different counties
- Reviewing a case study of a geothermal power station
- Lesson pack (downloadable pdf)
- Class certificate (downloadable ppt)