Jonathan Ford’s biography
- 2001 – ongoing: British Geological Survey, currently Chief Geologist England
- 2000 – 2001: MSc Computing Science, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 1998 – 1999: Exploration Geologist, Billiton Exploration, Ecuador/Peru
- 1995 – 1998: Exploration Geologist, RTZ Exploration, Bolivia
- 1992 – 1995: BSc (Hons) Applied Geology, University of Leicester
- 1991 – 1991: Apprentice Engineer, HJ Banks Open Cast Coal, Co Durham
- Applied 3D geological modelling and innovative GIS solutions
- Geological and landscape evolution of Northern England and the Thames Basin
- International geology, Latin America, Mauritania, Madagascar
- Landscape evolution in the Anthropocene
Monaghan, A A, Ford, J R, Milodowski, A E, McInroy, D B, Pharaoh, T C, Rushton, J C, Browne, M A E, Cooper, A H, Hulbert, A G, and Napier, B. 2012. 3D geological models of aquifer and seal rocks at analogue CO2 storage sites in Lincolnshire and eastern Scotland, UK. Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, 59 (1) 53-76.
Chambers, J E, Wilkinson, P B, Kuras, O, Ford, J R, Gunn, D A, Meldrum, P I, Pennington, C V L, Weller, A L, Hobbs, P R N and Ogilvy, R D. 2011. Three-dimensional geophysical anatomy of an active landslide in Lias Group mudrocks, Cleveland basin, UK. Geomorphology, vol. 125 no. 4 472-485.
Price, S J, Ford, J R, Cooper, A H, and Neal, C. 2011. Humans as major geological and geomorphological agents in the Anthropocene: the significance of artificial ground in Great Britain – Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, A, 13 March 2011 vol. 369 no. 1938 1056-1084.
Ford, J R, Mathers, S J, Royse, K R, Aldiss, D T and Morgan, D J R. 2010. Geological 3D modelling: scientific discovery and enhanced understanding of the subsurface, with examples from the UK. Zeitschrift der Deutschen Gesellschaft fr Geowissenschaften, Volume 161, Number 2, pp. 205–218(14).
Ford, J R, Burke, H, Royse, K R, and Mathers, S J. 2008. The 3D geology of London and the Thames Gateway: a modern approach to geological surveying and its relevance in the urban environment. In: Cities and their underground environment: 2nd European conference of International Association of engineering geology: Euroengeo 2008, Madrid, Spain, 15–20 Sept 2008.
- Geological surveying and modelling in a range of terrains
- Mineral exploration
- Project management
- Spanish speaker
- Chartered Geologist
- European Geologist (EurGeol)
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London