Mr Dayton Dove
0131 6500 355
Mr Dayton Dove
Marine Geoscientist, BGS
UK-IODP Science Programme Coordinator
Gardline Geosurvey, Geophysicist
MS: University of Alaska Fairbanks, Stratigraphy, Structure, and origin of the Mendeleev Ridge (Arctic Ocean) from Bathymetry, Controlled-source Seismic, and Gravity Observations
BS: College of Charleston, Geology
Current projects and collaboration
Seabed Geomorphology Classification - UK Continental Shelf
BRITICE-CHRONO: BRITICE-CHRONO is a five-year NERC-funded consortium of more than 40 researchers comprising glaciologists, marine and terrestrial Quaternary scientists and ice-sheet modellers.
Contributions towards UK MPA process; incl. recommended Marine Conservation Zones - http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/mczmap
Former Glacial Processes within Southern North Sea (BGS, Durham)
Geostatistical mapping of newly acquired geophysical data together with legacy BGS data (With Murray Lark of BGS)
Glacial History and Seabed Geomorphology of the Inner Hebrides
Quaternary history and glacial processes on NW European Shelf - implications for commercial, conservation, and policy interests
Marine Habitat Mapping
Pattern and extent of former Arctic glaciations; Tectonic evolution of Amerasian Basin
Marine geophysical data acquisition, processing, and interpretation
- NERC Open Research Archive — Dayton Dove
- Dove, D., Arosio, R., Finlayson, A., Bradwell, T., Howe, J., 2015. Submarine glacial landforms record Late Pleistocene ice-sheet dynamics, Inner Hebrides, Scotland. Quaternary Science Reviews.
- Lark, R.M., Marchant, B.P., Dove, D., Green, S.L., Stewart, H., Diesing, M., 2015. Combining observations with acoustic swath bathymetry and backscatter to map seabed sediment texture classes: The empirical best linear unbiased predictor. Sedimentary Geology
- Praeg, D., McCarron, S., Dove, D., O'Cofaigh, C., Scott, G., Monteys, X., Facchin, L., 2015. Ice sheet extension to the Celtic Sea shelf edge at the Last Glacial Maximum. Quaternary Science Reviews.
- Howe, J., Anderton, R., Arosio, R., Dove, D., Bradwell, T., Crump, P., Cooper, R., 2015. The seabed geomorphology and geological structure of the Firth of Lorn, western Scotland, UK, as revealed by multibeam echo-sounder survey. Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- Dove, Dayton, Leonid Polyak, and Bernard Coakley. "Widespread, multi-source glacial erosion on the Chukchi margin, Arctic Ocean." Quaternary Science Reviews 92 (2014): 112-122.
- Jakobsson, Martin, Karin Andreassen, Lilja Rún Bjarnadóttir, Dayton Dove, Julian A. Dowdeswell, John H. England, Svend Funder et al. "Arctic Ocean glacial history." Quaternary Science Reviews (2014).
- Diesing, Markus, Sophie L. Green, David Stephens, R. Murray Lark, Heather A. Stewart, and Dayton Dove. "Mapping seabed sediments: Comparison of manual, geostatistical, object-based image analysis and machine learning approaches." Continental Shelf Research (2014).
- Lark, M., Dove, D., Green, S., Richardson, A., Stewart, H., Stevenson, A. 2012. Spatial prediction of seabed sediment texture classes by cokriging from a legacy
database of point observations. Sedimentary Geology.
- Pierce, B., TAPPIN D, DOVE D., PINNION, J. 2012. Benthos supported by the tunnel-valleys of the southern North Sea. Seafloor Geomorphology as Benthic Habitat: Geohab Atlas of Seafloor Geomorphic Features and Benthic Habitats.
- TAPPIN, D., DOVE, D., PEARCE, B., PINNION, J., FITCH, S., GEARY, B. 2011. The Humber Regional Environmental Characterisation, Marine Aggregate Levy Sustainability Fund Report.
- DOVE, D., B. COAKLEY, J. HOPPER, Y. KRISTOFFERSEN. 2010. Bathymetry, controlled source seismic, and gravity observations of the Mendeleev Ridge; Implications for ridge structure, origin, and regional tectonics, Geophysical Journal International. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2010.04746.x