Mr Dayton Dove
Tel: 0131 6500 355
Mr Dayton Dove
Marine Geoscientist, BGS
UK-IODP Science Programme Coordinator
Gardline Geosurvey, Geophysicist
MS: University of Alaska Fairbanks, Stratigraphy, Structure, and origin of the Mendeleev Ridge (Arctic Ocean) from Bathymetry, Controlled-source Seismic, and Gravity Observations
BS: College of Charleston, Geology
Quaternary history and glacial processes on NW European Shelf - implications for commercial, conservation, and policy interests
Marine Habitat Mapping
Pattern and extent of former Arctic glaciations; Tectonic evolution of Amerasian Basin
Marine geophysical data acquisition, processing, and interpretation
Current projects and collaboration
Contributions towards UK MPA process; incl. recommended Marine Conservation Zones - http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/mczmap
Geostatistical mapping of BGS Marine legacy data (With Murray Lark of BGS)
Glacial Erosion on the Chukchi Shelf, Arctic Ocean. Bathymetry and shallow seismic data collected from 2011 cruise. Jointly supported by NSF grant and BGS.
Glacial Geomorphology of the Sea of Hebrides (BGS, SAMS, Leicester University)Hydrographic Interntational Article
Glacial Limits of the Southern North Sea (BGS, NOCS, Birmingham University)
- NERC Open Research Archive — Dayton Dove
- Diesing, Markus, Sophie L. Green, David Stephens, R. Murray Lark, Heather A. Stewart, and Dayton Dove. "Mapping seabed sediments: Comparison of manual, geostatistical, object-based image analysis and machine learning approaches." Continental Shelf Research (2014).
- Dove, Dayton, Leonid Polyak, and Bernard Coakley. "Widespread, multi-source glacial erosion on the Chukchi margin, Arctic Ocean." Quaternary Science Reviews 92 (2014): 112-122.
- Jakobsson, Martin, Karin Andreassen, Lilja Rún Bjarnadóttir, Dayton Dove, Julian A. Dowdeswell, John H. England, Svend Funder et al. "Arctic Ocean glacial history." Quaternary Science Reviews (2013).
- Howe, J., Dove, D., Bradwell, T., Gafeira, J. 2012. Submarine geomorphology and glacial history of the Sea of the Hebrides, UK. Marine Geology, 315-318
- Lark, M., Dove, D., Green, S., Richardson, A., Stewart, H., Stevenson, A. 2012. Spatial prediction of seabed sediment texture classes by cokriging from a legacy
database of point observations. Sedimentary Geology.
- Pierce, B., TAPPIN D, DOVE D., PINNION, J. 2012. Benthos supported by the tunnel-valleys of the southern North Sea. Seafloor Geomorphology as Benthic Habitat: Geohab Atlas of Seafloor Geomorphic Features and Benthic Habitats.
- DOVE, D. LEIGH, S. 2011. Scientific Drilling in the Arctic Ocean; A summary document to encourage Academic and Industry collaboration. ECORD-IODP. Brochure, 20pp.
- TAPPIN, D., DOVE, D., PEARCE, B., PINNION, J., FITCH, S., GEARY, B. 2011. The Humber Regional Environmental Characterisation, Marine Aggregate Levy Sustainability Fund Report.
- DOVE, D., B. COAKLEY, J. HOPPER, Y. KRISTOFFERSEN. 2010. Bathymetry, controlled source seismic, and gravity observations of the Mendeleev Ridge; Implications for ridge structure, origin, and regional tectonics, Geophysical Journal International. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2010.04746.x
- ONSHORE SCIENCE PARTY. 2010. Shallow-water drilling of the New Jersey continental shelf: global sea level and architecture of passive margin sediments; Intergrated Ocean Drilling Program Expedition 313 Preliminary Report.
- Dove, D., Jaume, S., Beutel, E. 2007. Tectonic core of a sedimentary drift: a potential ridge propagation feature beneath the Blake Outer Ridge. Marine Geophysical Researches, v.28, 1-11.