We aim to:
- address the needs and requirements of all our customers and users through provision of relevant, comprehensive and up-to-date information and advice to modern standards and to appropriate specifications;
- determine customer/user needs and requirements through consultation and provide work of assured quality within the context of an agreed framework of standards against which it can be judged;
- operate at all times to the highest professional standards; emphasise impartiality, confidentiality, reliability and promptness, and value for money;
- remain committed to the management of health and safety in providing a secure and healthy workplace, meeting legal obligations and incorporating appropriate safety and environmental risk assessments in all programmes, projects and facilities;
- maintain and develop well-founded laboratories and information systems and services;
- be an equal opportunities employer;
- foster a culture of team work, provide staff with a stimulating work environment, modern facilities and first-class training.