Jaana Pinnick’s Biography
- 2023 – ongoing: Data and Information Governance Manager, BGS
- 2023 – ongoing: Chair of the Information and Records Management Society
- 2023 – ongoing: Fellow of the Information and Records Management Society
- 2020 – 2023: Vice Chair of the Information and Records Management Society
- 2017 – 2023: Research data and digital preservation manager, BGS
- 2017 – 2017: Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Preservation, Aberystwyth University
- 2014 – 2016: MSc (Dist) in Information and Records Management, Northumbria University
- 2012 – 2014: Data and electronic records manager, BGS
- Pinnick, J. 2019. Building Resilience at the National Geoscience Data Centre: Enhancing Digital Data Continuity Through Research Data Management Training. iPres 2019 Conference Proceedings.
- Pinnick, J, Riddick, A, Baker, G, and McLaverty, R. 2018. A Case Study: Management and Exploitation of the Nuclear Decommissioning AgencyGeoscience Data Archive. New Review of Information Networking. DOI: 10.1080/13614576.2018.1544089
- Pinnick, J. 2017. Exploring digital preservation requirements: A case study from the National Geoscience Data Centre (NGDC). DOI: 10.1108/RMJ-04-2017-0009
- Pinnick, Jaana and Reeve, David Dr. (2023): ‘Developing new information and data strategies and frameworks: the new challenge for the profession.’ Information and Records Management Society Conference. 16 May 2023, Manchester.
- Pinnick, Jaana; Harrison, Kathryn; Buckland, Katy; and Townsend, Poppy (2021): ‘Engagement with environmental science researchers at the UK Natural Environment Research Council Environmental Data Centres.’ International Council of Archives Third Workshop on Scientific Archives. 22-24 June 2021.
- Pinnick, Jaana (2021). ‘Preserving geoscience and geospatial data at the UK National Geoscience Data Centre.’ eArchiving Geospatial Digital Records Preservation Conference. 1-2 June 2021.
- Pinnick, Jaana (2020). ‘BGS science records at the National Geoscience Data Centre (NGDC).’ DPC workshop on Semi-current records. 15 July 2020.
- DAMA International Certified Data Management Professional Practitioner
- Delivering Research Data Management Services, University of Edinburgh
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Preservation, University of Aberystwyth
- Data and information governance
- Policy and strategy development
- BA (Hons) in German, French and English, University of Tampere, Finland
- Qualified Teacher Training, University of Tampere, Finland
- Fellow of the Information and Records Management Society (IRMS)
- Accredited Member of the Information and Records Management Society (IRMS)
- IRMS Award for New Professionals
- Corporate member (UKRI) of the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC)
- Member of DAMA UK