I am an analytical geoscientist, having worked in a range of different characterisation techniques – primarily chemical and petrological characterisation. My current role is in the UKGEOS-BGS Core Scanning Facility (CSF), working with the ongoing UKGEOS project and the National Geological Repository (NGR) at the BGS in Keyworth. I work with physical property, mineralogical and XRF data.
Elisabeth Steer’s Biography
- 2022 – ongoing: Deputy Core Scanning Facility Manager
- 2022 – ongoing: Core Scanning Analytical Scientist, British Geological Survey
- 2016 – 2022: Research Technician, University of Nottingham
- 2012 – 2016: PhD Meteoritics, The Open University
- 2008 – 2012: MGeol, University of Leicester