Tel: 0115 936 3084
Miss Leanne Hughes
MSc Earth Science — Drumlin morphology in Western Anglesey
Survey Geologist, British Geological Survey
BSc (Hons) Staffordshire University, Physical, Environmental Geography
Current projects and collaboration
3D modelling using GSI3D
Digital mapping including ArcGIS, SocetSET, Geovisionary and SIGMA
3D geological modelling
- Cut-out 3D model of Eyjafjallajökull
- NERC Open Research Archive — Leanne Hughes
- Hughes, L, Phillips, Lee, J, E, Thomas, G, Chiverrell, R, (2011) 3D Architecture and evidence of multiphase sediment fill within drumlins formed between a paleo ice stream.
[conference abstract and poster] in; The ice/bed interface in past and present ice sheets and glaciers: subglacial processes, sediments, landforms, and ecosystems, International Union for Quaternary Research, INQUA-Bern
- Phillips, Emrys; Lee, Jonathan R.; Riding, James B.; Kendall, Rhian; Hughes, Leanne. 2012 Periglacial disruption and subsequent glacitectonic deformation of bedrock : an example from Anglesey, North Wales, UK.
Proceedings of the Geologists' Association
- Ward, E, Hughes, L. 2010. 3D Models for Teaching. GEES Geosciences Student Learning event 2010.
[conference abstract and poster] Overcoming Barriers to Learning in the Geosciences, January 2010, School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham
- HUMPAGE, A, HUGHES, L, WILBY, P, DAVIS, J. 2009.
Carno revisited — a detailed investigation of upland slope terrace features in mid-Wales. Presentation at the International Permafrost Association, Caen symposium.