Tel: 0115 936 3084
Vice-President of the Geologists Association
MSc Earth Science — Drumlin morphology in Western Anglesey
Survey Geologist, British Geological Survey
BSc (Hons) Staffordshire University, Physical, Environmental Geography
Current projects and collaboration
Project leader - Staffordshire Ice Margins
4D high resolution monitoring of glacier evolution, Virkisjőkull , Iceland
Drumlin morphology in western Anglesey
Quaternary mapping in north Scotland
3D modelling using GSI3D
Digital mapping including ArcGIS, SocetSET, Geovisionary and SIGMA
3D geological modelling
- Cut-out 3D model of Eyjafjallajökull
- NERC Open Research Archive — Leanne Hughes
- Hughes, L, Phillips, Lee, J, E, Thomas, G, Chiverrell, R, (2011) 3D Architecture and evidence of multiphase sediment fill within drumlins formed between a paleo ice stream.
[conference abstract and poster] in; The ice/bed interface in past and present ice sheets and glaciers: subglacial processes, sediments, landforms, and ecosystems, International Union for Quaternary Research, INQUA-Bern
- Phillips, Emrys; Lee, Jonathan R.; Riding, James B.; Kendall, Rhian; Hughes, Leanne. 2012 Periglacial disruption and subsequent glacitectonic deformation of bedrock : an example from Anglesey, North Wales, UK.
Proceedings of the Geologists' Association
- Ward, E, Hughes, L. 2010. 3D Models for Teaching. GEES Geosciences Student Learning event 2010.
[conference abstract and poster] Overcoming Barriers to Learning in the Geosciences, January 2010, School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham
- HUMPAGE, A, HUGHES, L, WILBY, P, DAVIS, J. 2009.
Carno revisited — a detailed investigation of upland slope terrace features in mid-Wales. Presentation at the International Permafrost Association, Caen symposium.