Flavia joined the BGS Business Development team in 2018, bringing in 15 years of technical and business expertise in the energy sector. As an engineer with completed Masters in Rock Mechanics and Masters in Sustainable Energy and Entrepreneurship, she is well-positioned to understand the technical needs of our clients and to identify opportunities for new projects to be placed, through commercial tenders or direct requests. In addition, Flavia is also the Deputy Innovation Manager, supporting the implementation of the Innovation programme and providing advice for early stage projects. Flavia’s key business expertise includes business restructuring and turnaround, management planning and strategy, innovation management and market trend research, analysis and forecasting.
Flavia Villarroel’s Biography
- 2016 –2017 : University of Nottingham, MSc(Distinction) Sustainable Energy and Entrepreneurship
- 2007 –2009 : Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro – PUC-Rio, MSc Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering
- 2005 –2006 : University of Texas, FIPSE-CAPES Program, Civil and Petroleum Engineering
- 2002 –2006 : Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro – PUC-Rio, BSc Civil Engineering
- 2018 – ongoing : Business Development Manager, BGS
- 2015 –2016 : Head of Reservoir Consulting for South America – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2014 –2015 : Head of Geomechanics for South America, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2012 –2014 : Diversity and Inclusion Program Chair, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2013 –2013 : Business Development Manager, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2012 –2013 : Pre-Salt Brazil Project Manager, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2009 –2011 : Geomechanics Specialist, Baker Hughes, a GE company
- 2006 –2008 : Geomechanics Specialist, Geomechanics International (GMI)
- 2003 –2005 : Undergraduate Researcher (Geomechanics), Brazilian National Petroleum Agency Fellowship
- 2014 – ongoing : Business Process Improvement (BPI) and Innovative Process Development
- 2016 –2018 : Energy Systems, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Food Production
- 2004 –2016 : Applied Geomechanics, Rock and Soil Mechanics
- Villarroel, F M G, et al. 2011. Contribution of the Gravel Mesh Size in Screen Damage on a Gravel Pack System Under Stress Contrast. SPE/EAGE EUROPEC, Vienna, Austria, 23-26 May.
- Villarroel, F M G, et al. 2010. Breakouts: Physical and Numerical Modelling. SPE/EAGE EUROPEC, Barcelona, Spain, 14-17 June, 2010.
- Villarroel, F M G, et al. 2010. Experimental Analysis of Gravel Pack Mesh Size Effect on the Screen Deformation under High in Situ Stress Contrast. ARMA 44th US Rock Mechanics Symposium/5th U.S. Canada Rock Mechanics Symposium, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, 27-30 June.
- 2018 –2018 : Ingenuity Enterprise Award, European Regional Development Fund / UoN
- 2018 –2018 : Mentor30Engineers, Sainsbury Management Fellows
- 2012 –2012 : New Faces of Engineering, National Engineers Week Foundation (USA)
- 2011 –2011 : Outstanding Young Professional Latin America and Caribbean, Society of Petroleum Engineers
Boards and committees
- 2007 –2016 : Board of Directors, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) / Brazil Section
- 2013 –2013 : Regional YP Focal Point for Latin America & Caribbean – Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2011 –2013 : Member of the Young Professional Coordinating Committee (YPCC), Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2012 –2015 : Technical Committee Member; Paper Reviewer and Session Moderator of several conferences in Latin America, Society of Petroleum Engineers