Kirsty Shorter’s Biography
- 2009 – BSc Geology, University of St Andrews
- 2013 – MSc Hydrogeology, University of Strathclyde
- 2016 –2018 : Assistant Environmental Scientist, Atkins. Working in the contaminated land and hydrogeology team in Warrington. Carrying out Phase 1 and Phase 2 studies, groundwater flow modelling using Seep/W software, core logging, site supervision, Phase 3 groundwater contamination study using ConSim and contributing to a large flood alleviation scheme.
- 2014 –2016 : Graduate Environmental Scientist, Atkins. Working in the contaminated land and hydrogeology team in Warrington. Carrying out Phase 1 desk studies, ground gas monitoring, groundwater and surface water sampling, soil sampling and conducting on-site drilling supervision.
- 2012 –2014 : Educational Outreach Officer, Geobus. Helping run various geology workshops in primary and secondary schools throughout Scotland with the Geobus, a geology outreach programme.
- 2008 –2009 : Conversational English Teacher in Gansu Province, China, with charity Project Trust.
Current projects and collaborations
- 2018 – ongoing :UK Geoenergy Observatories, Glasgow. Carrying out surface water, groundwater, soil gas, soil chemistry sampling work as part of the Glasgow UK Geoenergy Observatories project. Conducting on-site drilling supervision
- Fellow of the Geological Society of London