Brighid O Dochartaigh’s Biography
- 2009 – ongoing : Senior Hydrogeologist, British Geological Survey
- 1997 –2009 : Hydrogeologist, British Geological Survey
- 1997 : MSc University of Birmingham, Hydrogeology
- 1996 : BSc University of Edinburgh, Geology and Physical Geography
- Improving availability and accessibility of groundwater information
- Groundwater in difficult (e.g. low permeability or dryland) environments
- Groundwater resources and chemistry in Scottish aquifers
- Urban groundwater
Current projects and collaborations
- 2013 – ongoing : Africa Groundwater Atlas and Africa Groundwater Literature Archive: part of the UPGro Programme.
- 2016 – ongoing : Hydrogeological input to the GGERFS project, part of UK Geoenergy Observatories
- 2012 – ongoing : Investigating groundwater-meltwater interaction in an active glacial catchment in Iceland.
- 2010 – ongoing : Eddleston Water Project: investigating groundwater-surface water interaction in upland floodplains.
- NERC Open Research Archive — Brighid Ó Dochartaigh
- Ó Dochartaigh, B É, Archer, N A L, Peskett, L, MacDonald, A M, Black, A R, Auton, C A, Merritt, J E, Gooddy, D C, and Bonell, M. 2019. Geological structure as a control on floodplain groundwater dynamics. Hydrogeology Journal, 27 (2), 703-716.
- Ó Dochartaigh, B, Bonsor, H, and Bricker S. 2019. Improving understanding of shallow urban groundwater: the Quaternary groundwater system in Glasgow, UK. Earth and Environmental Science Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 108 (2-3), 155-172.
- MacDonald, A M, Ó Dochartaigh, B É, and Smedley, P L. 2017. Baseline groundwater chemistry in Scotland’s aquifers. British Geological Survey Open Report OR/17/030, 77pp
- Africa Groundwater Atlas and Literature Archive. 2016.
- MacDonald, A M, Black, A R, Ó Dochartaigh, B É, Everest, J, Darling, W G, Flett, V, and Peach, D W. 2016. Using stable isotopes and continuous meltwater river monitoring to investigate the hydrology of a rapidly retreating Icelandic outlet glacier. Annals of Glaciology, 57 (72), 151-158.
- Ó Dochartaigh, B É, MacDonald, A M, Fitzsimons, V, and Ward, R. 2015. Scotland’s aquifers and groundwater bodies. British Geological Survey Open Report OR/15/028
- MacDonald, A M, Bonsor, H C, Ó Dochartaigh, B É, and Taylor, RG. 2012. Quantitative maps of groundwater resources in Africa. Environmental Research Letters 7 (2). 10.1088/1748-9326/7/2/024009
- Groundwater resource assessment and management in the UK and internationally
- Hydrogeological field survey, data collection and interpretation: aquifer properties, hydrochemistry
- Mapping and GIS tools for hydrogeological data interpretation
- Working knowledge of German; basic knowledge of French, Russian and Arabic
- 2010 – ongoing:Committee Member of the British National Chapter of the International Association of Hydrogeologists