Alex Hall’s biography
- 2018 – ongoing: Senior Data Scientist, BGS
- 2017 – 2018: Data Scientist, Outplay Entertainment
- 2014 – 2017: Drilling Data Engineer, Repsol Sinopec Resources UK
- 2011 – 2014: Drilling Engineer, Repsol Sinopec Resources UK
Current projects and collaboration
- 2018 – ongoing: Automating detection of shallow gas from seismic scans with deep convolutional neural nets.
- 2019 – ongoing: Using deep learning image recognition models to process thin section images.
- 2018 – ongoing: Trialling adoption of parallel processing frameworks (Apache Spark, Dask etc) to maximise use of existing BGS computational hardware.
- 2018 – ongoing: Experimenting with various visualisation packages to make data and results more accessible both internally to BGS and externally.
- Machine Learning, Data Visualisation, Databases, Data processing, Cluster computing, General purpose programming.
- 2007 – 2011: Imperial College London, MEng, Civil Engineering
- 2016 – ongoing: Robert Gordon University Aberdeen, MSc, Data Science