Katherine Daniels’s Biography
- 2015 – ongoing : Minerals and Waste Team
- 2013 –2015 : Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge
- 2012 –2013 : Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge
- 2008 –2012 : PhD in Earth Sciences, University of Bristol
- 2004 –2008 : MSci Hons. Geology (1st Class), University of Bristol
- CO2 sequestration
- Rock fracturing
- Radioactive Waste Disposal
- Fluid migration through rocks
- Heat flow
- Rheological behaviour of rocks
- Energy Storage
- Dyke injection
- Plate separation
- Pegler, S S, Maskell, A S D, Daniels, K A, and Bickle, M J. 2017. Fluid transport in geological reservoirs with background flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 8, 536-571, doi:10.1017/jfm.2017.501.
- Daniels, K A, Harrington, J F, and Jensen, M. 2017. Permeability measurements from a potential deep geological repository site. IHLRWM 2017, Charlotte, NC, April 9-13.
- Daniels, K A, Harrington, J F, Zihms, S G, and Wiseall, A C. 2017. Bentonite permeability at elevated temperature. Geosciences, 7, 3, doi:10.3390/geosciences7010003
- Daniels, K A, and Menand, T. 2015. An experimental investigation of dyke injection under regional extensional stress. Journal of Geophysical Research, 120, 2014–2035, doi:10.1002/2014JB011627.
- Daniels, K A, Bastow, I D, Keir, D, Sparks, R S J, and Menand, T. 2014. Thermal models of dyke intrusion during development of continent–ocean transition. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 385, 145-153, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2013.09.018.
- Phillips, J C, Humphreys, M C S, Daniels, K A, Brown, R J, and Witham, F. 2013. The formation of columnar joints produced by cooling in basalt at Staffa, Scotland. Bulletin of Volcanology, 75:715, doi:10.1007/s00445-013-0715-4.
- Kavanagh, J L, Menand, T, and Daniels, K A. 2013. Gelatine as a crustal analogue: Determining elastic properties for modelling magmatic intrusions. Tectonophysics, 582, 101-111, doi:10.1016/j.tecto.2012.09.032.
- Daniels, K A, Huppert, H E, Neufeld, J A, and Reiner, D. 2012. The current state of CCS: Ongoing research at the University of Cambridge with application to the UK policy framework. Electricity Policy Research Group Working Paper,1228, Cambridge Working Paper in Economics (CWPE),1257, available online at www.eprg.group.cam.ac.uk.
- Daniels, K A, Kavanagh, J L, Menand, T, and Sparks, R S J. 2012. The shapes of dykes: Evidence for the influence of cooling and inelastic deformation. Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 124; no. 7/8; p. 1102–1112; doi: 10.1130/B30537.1.
- Menand, T, Daniels, K A, and Benghiat, P. 2010. Dyke propagation and sill formation in a compressive tectonic environment, Journal of Geophysical Research, 115, B08201, doi:10.1029/2009JB006791.