0115 936 3546
Ms Emma Ward
MSc in Science and Society, Open University
Geoscientist, British Geological Survey
BSc (Hons)Earth Sciences and Biology, Open University
3D Geological Modelling
Communicating Geoscience (recent projects include TELLUS SW, FutureThames, FORGE and EPOS)
Landslides and Karst
Measuring and communicating scientific impact
Part of the team providing Daily Hazard Assessments for the potential for landslides to occur in the UK. This is for the Natural Hazards Partnership in association with the Met Office.
Project Leader for 3D Geological Models for Teaching and Learning
Science and Engineering Ambassador
- Hobbs P. R. N., Ward, E. and Dashwood, C. 2014. Walk-over survey of a landslide at Stopes, nr Stannington.
- Landslide Domain Statistics and Impact Libraries; a report on GO Science funded activity 2014 2015’. 2015.
Dijkstra, T ,Jenkins, G, Freeborough, K, Parry, S, Wathall, S and Ward, E.
- Media, Sinkholes and the UK National Karst Database. 2015.
Banks, V J, Reeves, H, Ward, E K, Raycraft, E R, Gow, H V , Morgan, D J R and Cameron, D
- Ward, Emma. 2011. 3D models for teaching and learning geosciences. Teaching Earth Sciences, 36 (2). 30-35.
- Ward, Emma; Cuss, Rob; Kingdon, Andy; Shaw, Richard. 2011. FORGEing a safe future for radioactive waste. Planet Earth, Autumn. 8-9.
- Ward, E, Hughes, L. 2010. 3D Models for Teaching. GEES Geosciences Student Learning event 2010. [conference abstract and poster] Overcoming Barriers to Learning in the Geosciences, January 2010, School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham.
- Bailey, David; Ward, Emma; Wilkinson, Ian. 2006. From museum to web : the evolution of Earth science outreach at the British Geological Survey. In: Hlawatsch, Sylke; Obermaier, Gabriele; Martin, Ulrike, (eds.) Geoscience Education: Understanding System Earth. Hannover, Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Geowissenschaften, 34, 1pp.