029 2052 1962
British Geological Survey
Cambrian Consultants/RPS Energy (Hydrocarbon sector) Geologist
Cardiff University Part time graduate research, Palaeobotany
Cardiff University, Environmental Law
Dip Higher Ed Cardiff University, Computer Sciences
BSc University of Glamorgan, Applied Sciences (Geology)
Current projects and collaboration
Geology of Wales
oil and gas, shale gas and coal
Limestone and karst geology
DJD Lawrence, GJ Farr, K Whitbread and R Kendall. 2013. The geology, hydrogeology and vulnerability of the Great Spring Source Protection Zone CR/13/024
Farrant, A R, Woods, M A, Maurice, L, Haslam, R, Raines, M and Kendall, R. 2015. Geology of the Kilham area and its influence on groundwater flow. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report CR/16/023
RS Kendall, PR Wilby, D Boon, D Entwisle & K Freeborough. 2015. Summary Applied Geology of the Dyfi Catchment. British Geological Survey Commissioned Report, CR/15/064. 70pp
Unconventional Gas in Wales. Commercial project for Welsh Government.
3D Sub-surface modelling and volumetrics
Science into policy
Wireline log interpretation
- NERC Open Research Archive — Rhian Kendall
- Bloodworth, Kendall, Bide and Raynor. 2010. Mineral Planning Factsheet, Coal.
- Kendall RS. 2013. Geological indicators of carbonaceous mudstone in Wales: implications for shale gas potential. IR/13/041
- Kendall, R.S. 2015. Conceptual cross-sections of superficial deposits in Cardiff. Open Report. OR/15/045. 12pp
- Waters, C N, Kendall, R. and Thorpe, S. 2015. Geological Framework Model and surface data for the area south of Ammanford. British Geological Survey Internal Report, IR/15/007. 61 pp.
- Kendall, Bloodworth and Smith. 2011. Mineral Planning Factsheet, Alternative Fossil Fuels.
- Kendall, R, Brown, T and Hetherington, L. Mineral Profile Coal 2010. BGS Web Publication.
Phillips, E., Lee, R.,Riding,J.,Kendall, R., Hughes, L., Periglacial disruption and subsequent glacitectonic deformation of bedrock: an
example from Anglesey, North Wales, UK. Proc. Geol. Assoc. (2012).
Kendall, R and Guilford, T. 2011. On the occurrence and distribution of bats in Ogof Draenen (Cave and Karst Science Vol 38, No1, 2011).
Kendall, A and Hicks, R, 2003. On the occurrence of Carboniferous fish spines within Ogof Draenen (Cave and Karst Science Vol 30, No1, 2003).