Tel: 01491 692337
E-mail Dr Nicholas Robins
- 2000: DSc University of Birmingham, Hydrogeology
- 1989 to present: Wallingford: UK and overseas hydrogeological studies
- 1983: Edinburgh: Hydrogeological investigations in Scotland
- 1979: Harwell: Radioactive Waste Task Force
- 1974: Appointed Institute of Geological Sciences Overseas Hydrogeology
- 1974: MSc University of Birmingham, Hydrogeology
- 1970–1973 Geologist/hydrogeologist Geological Survey Dept, Botswana
- 1970: BSc University of Southampton, Geology
- Optimisation of groundwater utilisation in water scarce areas
- Groundwater in low permeability, hard fractured rocks
- Groundwater and drought
- Coastal and island groundwater issues
- Groundwater system analysis both in British Isles and overseas
- Broad experience of hydrogeological applications and techniques
- Working knowledge of French
Current projects and collaboration
- Ecohydrology of humid coastal dune slacks
- Screening of UK local councils for radioactive waste repository
- Support to various modelling exercises
- External examiner to various MSc classes and individual PhD and MSc candidates, UK and South Africa
- Editor-in Chief IAH Books
- Member of Geological Society Books Editorial Committee
- 1992: Chartered Geologist
- 1999: Fellow CIWEM
ROBINS N S, DAVIES J, FARR J L & CALOW R C 2006. The changing role of hydrogeology in semi-arid southern and eastern Africa. Hydrogeology Journal, 14, 8, 1483-1492.
ROBINS N S, CHILTON P J & COBBING J E 2007. Adapting existing experience with aquifer vulnerability and groundwater protection for Africa. Journal of African Earth Sciences, 47, 1, 30–38.
ROBINS N S, DAVIES J & DUMPLETON S 2008. Groundwater flow in the South Wales Coalfield - historical data informing 3D modelling. Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology, 41, 4, 477-486.
ROBINS N S & ROSE E P F 2009. Military uses of groundwater: a driver of innovation? Hydrogeology Journal 17, 5, 1275-1287.
ROBINS N S 2009. Regional hydrogeological assessment of Wales. In M G Bassett, H Boulton & D Nichol (Editors): Urban Geology in Wales: 3. National Museum of Wales, Cardiff, Geological Series 29, pp141-150.