Radon in workplaces

BGS 1:25000 Geological map in use

The Ionising Radiation Regulations, 1999, require employers to take action when radon is present above a defined level in the workplace.

Advice may be obtained from your local Health and Safety Executive Area Office or the Environmental Health Department of your local authority. The Building Research Establishment (BRE) publishes a guide (BR293): Radon in the workplace.

Advice on radon in the workplace can be obtained from the Public Health England.

BRE publications

BRE Bookshop
Telephone: 01344 404407
Fax: 01344 714440

Hutton field: well correlation diagram.