Who we are
The GSNI is part of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI). It is staffed by scientists of the British Geological Survey (BGS) under contract to DETI, which allows GSNI to call upon expertise from within other parts of the BGS. GSNI also advises other Northern Ireland government departments and liaises closely with the Geological Survey of Ireland (GSI).
What we do
The Geological Survey of Northern Ireland (GSNI) provides geoscience information and services to inform decision making.
GSNI holds an extensive archive of maps, boreholes and site investigation reports; detailed urban and regional geochemical and geophysical data, and publishes books, memoirs and reports.
GSNI maps, models and monitors the ground we live on. Our geological research underpins decision making, promotes economic development and generates baseline data for environmental management.
Game of Thrones
GSNI can be contacted by telephone on 028 9038 8462 or by email email@example.com
- Marie Cowan - Director
- Mark Cooper - Chief Geologist
- Derek Reay and Rob Raine Energy & Petroleum
- Mark Patton - Minerals Geologist
- Kirstin Lemon - Landscape and Heritage
- Paul Wilson - Hydrogeologist
- Sam Roberson - Quaternary Geologist
- Kieran Parker - Mining and Landslides
- William Smyth - Enquiry Service
- Alex Donald - Information Delivery
- Kate Davey and Jackie Johnston - Scientific Support
- Energy & Petroleum
Visit the contact page for more information.