The aims of the Earth Science Education Forum for England and Wales are:
- To promote earth science in education at all levels.
- To bring together all relevant organisations in pursuit of the above.
To encourage and enable ESEF members to:
- develop their own targets for earth science education (including vocational education)
- monitor progress towards those targets
- share information on current and future initiatives in earth science education; and
- support one another in the development of current and future initiatives.
To support the activities of members through:
- co-ordinating effort
- publicising information about current and new initiatives
- developing networking between and beyond member organisations; and
- co-ordination of attempts to influence decision-makers.
Mobilising the geoscience community behind an outreach/education initiative
The ESEF called a special meeting on 17 November 2016 to explore how the geoscience community could harness its expertise and enthusiasm behind an education/outreach initiative.
More about Mobilising the geoscience community behind an outreach/education initiative
More information about the Forum
Information on membership of ESEF (EW).
Links to current member organisations.
ESEF provides administrative assistance (convening meetings)
for the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Earth and Environmental Sciences.