The British Geological Survey (BGS) is a wholly owned Research Centre of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC). In entering our site you as a user ('you') are accepting our terms and conditions.
All information provided by BGS or NERC on its web pages is made available
to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons.
While BGS or NERC believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical
error remains a possibility. Therefore, BGS or NERC does not guarantee the
accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the
Neither BGS or NERC nor any of the sources of the information shall be
responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results
obtained from the use of this information.
Information at this site is:
- general information provided as part of NERC's statutory role
in publicising its activities and disseminating of information
relating to its organisation
- subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- subject to change without notice
- not to be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links to and from this site are:
- not endorsed by BGS or NERC
- for convenience only and do not mean that BGS or NERC endorses or approves
those other sites, their content or the people who run them
- for the Internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy,
currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites
linked from this website, rather than the responsibility of BGS or NERC.
Ordnance Survey Maps
Ordnance Survey mapping used on this website appear with the permission of The Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office © Crown Copyright Ordnance Survey licence number 100021290/2008.