Apply for a BGS digital data licence by downloading the Digital data licence form in PDF and Word formats.
E-mail the completed form to the IPR Section.
The completed form helps us to:
- understand your requirements;
- to provide you with details of the licence fees payable;
- send out licence documentation for signature, should you decide to proceed with a licence.
The key areas addressed by the form are:
- Which geographical area(s) of which BGS dataset(s) are required and in which format do you want to receive them (e.g. ESRI, or MapInfo)?
- What will you be using the data for?
- How long do you want the licence to run for (please note that our minimum standard licence term is 12 months)?
- Will any third parties need to have access to the BGS data - e.g. contractors (we have a 'complementary licence' system to cater for use
of data by a licensee's contractors).
If you have any queries about the application form, please see IPR contacts.